Friday, May 14, 2010

Nostalgia

Last week was a welcome dessert dinner for the liasees. (Yes that is a word. I added it to the dictionary.) This night of welcoming made me incredibly nostalgic. Then, Paradise by the Dashboard Lights came on and I took it as a sign. So, I’m going to spend this entry reflecting on the last year and all that has happened in it.

First things, first: The pairing potluck. It was the day I’d looked forward to since the minute I got accepted to the exchange. The anticipation of finding out which of the girls I was paired with (we ignored Eden’s picture at first) was killing me. I have to admit, I was almost disappointed when I found out I was paired with a boy. In fact, after Brandon read out Steph’s name, I was crossing my fingers that Aleah got the boy. The first thoughts through my head when I found out I had a boy partner was “Crap”. I don’t have a lot of boy friends for a reason. And I must admit, I was truly worried that Eden was going to be one of those “I’m the best thing that ever walked the earth, all girls go weak in front of me” type of guy. And it turns out, I was exactly right. (Just kidding, he’s not that up himself). Then, after looking through his application and having a two-hour phone conversation with him, I realized the exchange paired people up for a reason. In fact, I was excited for a boy partner. No petty girl squabbles. (Little did I know, Eden was a girl) “Oi!” *pretends to check* “I’m a man.” “Go away, you’re still suspended.” “Make me. Everyone, this is the point when Hannah punches me with a little girly punch because she thinks she’s tough. Now, I run away with her computer cackling like a madman. And now she’s pounding on the door I’m sitting behind and trying to force herself in (but not to hard because I have her computer)” So anyway, our pairing potluck. I was dreading getting the boy partner because I was worried he would try to be the alpha male. “And we all know how sensitive Eden is about his manliness. NOW LET ME IN!!” “Shut up. The first phone call was so nerve-wracking. I can’t even remember what we said. Now I guess I should let Hannah in before she hurts herself.” Thank you. Now, to continue with the nostalgicness. (Which is now a word. Gotta love the add word option on spell-check.)

To commemorate the rest of the exchange, I’m “We’re” "I’M" going to list several phrases or topics that will always be associated with inside jokes:

Eden lost his pants in L.A.

Paradise by the Dashboard Lights

Cannibalism (I think we talked the subject to death. Haha) “Not funny” “Shut up.”

The Kaleidoscope Kow

One story spread out fat Asian whores

Just urban dictionary in general

Taking a walk

Oh, and one more thing. A special shout out of the day goes to Sinead. Cause she’s just awesome.

2 comments:

  1. This blog post made me rather nostalgic too. I miss you bunches B, I can't wait for you to get home but I hope you having a blast!
    Love you,
    Syd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I would share my opinion on that last little (and rather unecessary) paragraph there. More specifically, the last sentence:

    I disagree.

    ReplyDelete