Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

Today’s blog entry is dedicated to the mothers of the world. I hope you all are enjoying this lovely Mother’s Day. To commemorate this day, I have written a lovely acrostic poem of the word mother.

Marvelous

Occasionally irritating (but we love them)

Totally awesome (with the A Very Potter Musical hand motion)

Hip and Happening

Easygoing

Really great people

After I wrote this poem, I decided to practice my Spanish and I wrote another one for the word madre.

Mujer

Amable

Divertida

Regañón a veces pero nos encantan todos modos

Elogioso

When I was little, I used to hate Mother’s Day. I used to think that it wasn’t fair. Parents got their own day, but what about the kids? I used to think, where’s Kid’s Day. When do we get presents and get to do whatever we want for one day? Your birthday people would say. After I explained to them that on Mother’s Day and on her birthday, Mom got what they wanted, they told me that everyday in the rest of the year was kid’s day. I always thought this was a crappy answer. Now, I realize why parents get their own days. It’s because they’ve earned it. Cause they were crazy enough to repopulate the earth and therefore they deserve their own day. With that, I give every mother reading this blog a dozen of virtual flowers. I have also posted a slideshow of pictures of both my own mother and my nonbiological mother just to show them how much I care.

Much love and Happy Mother's Day everyone.

Mother Montage (I feel like I'm using that word wrong)

A dozen virtual flowers for all the mothers out there

2 comments:

  1. Hannah is the best kid ever! Even if she is regañón a veces pero nos encantan todos modos. LOVE YOU BABY GIRL

    ReplyDelete